Rights and Permissions

Copyright Authorization

Do you wish to obtain the rights for texts, exercises, illustrations, graphics or maps? Do you require permission to copy a given work? We are happy to be of assistance! In order to obtain the relevant copyright permission, please complete one of our request forms below. This enables us to answer your enquiry both faster and more efficiently. The more information you can provide the better, as this helps us to deal with your request more effectively.

Before sending us your request, we would appreciate you to be mindful of the following points:


Have you clarified the legal status of the work? Please ensure that the copyright marker within the bibliography indicates that the rights for the relevant edition of any given work are indeed owned by one of our respective publishing houses: Arena Verlag, Westermann Bildungsmedien Verlag, Westermann Berufliche Bildung, Westermann Dorner, Westermann Jugend & Volk or Westermann Lernwelten. If this is not the case, please refer directly to the acknowledged owner of the rights.

Processing and Licensing Fees

Be aware that processing and licencing fees may apply when reproducing any material owned by the aforementioned publishing houses.

Lead Time

Please allow sufficient time for the handling of your enquiry as research and processing may take up to four weeks. Requests received by Arena Verlag are subject to a processing period of up to ten weeks or more.

Terms of Use

Be aware of our terms of use: Our content must not be published for any purpose which could be considered unlawful or unethical.

Research Effort

Older texts or those which have been subsequently edited after their original release, as well as extracts taken from these respective texts, may no longer be available. Subsequently, the research and processing of such texts may be accompanied by additional fees. You can view currently available titles online at the Westermann Gruppe Shop.

Please continue by choosing the relevant form for the corresponding publishing house from which you wish to acquire a permission.

Further Service Areas